A Luxurious Getaway: The Westin at Lake Las Vegas
Whether the kids have been running your life, work has been demanding or you just need a getaway The Westin at Lake Las Vegas will offer you a much needed luxurious break. Located about a half hour from the Las Vegas Strip it as an oasis in the desert that can offer you some much needed rest and relaxation. There is a lot to do in the summer (as I will discuss below); however, my husband and I did a romantic getaway in February so I won’t be able to personally review the summer activities and experiences.
Let’s talk atmosphere, I love the Moroccan inspired ambiance of The Westin. The colorful displays and the African inspired decor are pleasing to eye and really created a new sense of wanderlust in me. I like the layout of the resort and that everything is pretty easily accessible. There are 2 restaurants on property, a lounge and an express market that offers freshly crafted Starbucks drinks and healthy premade lunch options for on the go. The Westin is located right on Lake Las Vegas and is near The Village, an outdoor district which includes shopping and restaurants.
In this review:
- Hotel Features
- Resort Fee Inclusions
- Evaluation of the Luxury King Suite
- My Verdict
- 2 resort pools
- Private beach
- Hot tub
- Outside lounging area with fire pits
- Reflection Bay Golf Club
- Multi-purpose sports court
- Fitness studio
- Spa Moulay
Resort Fee Inclusions
If you’re paying for it, you should know what you get. At a whopping $29 per night for the resort fee here is what’s included:
- Access to all resort pools, hot tub, beaches and outside lounging areas
- Access to the SouthShore Golf Course
- Concierge Service
- The Family Fun Zone (a variety over sized game boards located outside)
- Shuttle service
- Pool towels
- A complimentary one hour kayak rental
- 20% discount on paddle boards and paddle boat rentals
- Self parking
- Access to putting green and sports court
- Access to the onsite running track
Luxury King Suite
This 792 square foot room is spacious and an easy place to relax. It has 2 separate rooms, one a bedroom with a king bed and the other a living room with a sofa bed. Both rooms offer flat screen TVs, sliding doors with floor to ceiling views and a mini balcony. There is a wet bar, coffee maker with Starbucks coffee and teas and a mini refrigerator. The suite offers 1-1/2 bathrooms to accommodate a family if needed. The room, while spacious and with a great layout, seemed to need a little love. It appeared a bit rundown with some slight furniture damage and stained/torn up carpet.
- Professional welcome folder explaining the property and activities close by. Everything I could ever want or need was beautifully presented in an easy to read format.
- Onsite restaurants for any budget.
- Private beach and lagoon area.
- Wonderful outdoor lounging areas with great views of the lake.
- A shuttle service.
- The Village is close by (during the warm seasons they have music fests, beer fests, art shows and more! Be sure to check the calendar of events here https://lakelasvegas.com/events/ and the calendar for concerts here https://lakelasvegas.com/events/concerts).
- Close to the Lake Las Vegas Marina (which offers Gondola cruises, boat rentals, pedal boats etc.).
- Great views of the lake.
- Outstanding customer service. Every employee I was in contact with was friendly, warm and welcoming.
- The atmosphere is classy and fun. I wanted to dwell in the lounge for a long time to relax and enjoy the Moroccan theme.
- The hotel in general needs a little bit of love. From crooked lights on walls to stained and torn carpets, small details make a big impression. Being a 4 star hotel is an honor and every detail should matter.
- The A/C unit and the plumbing in our room were very loud and kept waking me up through out the night.
- While watching TV some channels would fade in and out and some didn’t come in clear at all.
- I was excited to see two floor to ceiling sliding glass doors over looking the lake; however, the lack of screens was disappointing. We couldn’t open the doors and enjoy the lake’s breeze without letting mosquitoes and other various bugs in.
- Location: 10/10 (I mean, come on it’s right on a gorgeous lake!)
- Rooms: 7/10 (With a little love I would easily give 10/10 due to the great views and layout)
- Atmosphere: 9/10 (Love the concept of the hotel)
- Service: 10/10
- Overall: 8/10
The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa
101 MonteLago Boulevard, Henderson, NV, 89011, United States